- Lived in Ocala, FL since Dec. 1970
- Married Leah Hoffman April 1994, have three beautiful children Logan, Joshua, and Brooke
- Member, Church Of Hope, Ocala Member, Leadership Team
- Current Member, IES Foundation
- Current Member, Metropolitan Ocala Rotary Club
- Past President, Ocala-Silver Springs Rotary Club
- Past President, Boys & Girls Club of Marion Co, Board of Directors Current advisory board member (board member since 1988)
- Past Chair, Ocala/Marion Co Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Chair Elect, Ocala/Marion County EDC Board
- Chair Elect, Munroe Regional Medical Center Foundation Board Of Directors, Planned Giving Committee Chair
- Current Member, SunTrust Bank of North Central Florida, Board of Directors
- Member, Marion County Economic Development Corp, Board of Directors
- Past Member, Heart of Florida Regional Coalition
- Past Member, Universal Insurance Company of North America, Agent Advisory Board
- Current Member, Interfaith Emergency Services, Board of Directors
- Past Member, Children’s Home Society, Mid Florida District, Board of Directors
- 1983 Graduated Forest High School, Ocala, Florida
- 1985 Received Associate’s degree from Central Florida Community College
- 1987 Received Bachelor’s degree from University of Central Florida
- 1987 Florida General Agent License (220) and Life, Health and Annuity (216)
- Barnett Bank
- May 1983 through June 1987
- Management trainee, student apprentice.
- Allstate Insurance Company- Agency Owner
- Feb. 1989 to Present
- My father, Wayne McDonald, founded the McDonald & Company Insurance Agency in 1985. I joined the agency, after a two-year stint in the Sears store, in 1991, and had the privilege of working beside my father for eight exciting years, until his retirement in 1998. The agency now has four offices, two in Ocala, and two in The Villages. The team consists of 24 total staff members.
- Sunrise Insurance Systems- Co. Founder, Co-Owner
- In 2008, helped develop an internet based agency management system sold to captive and independent agents in nine states.
- Allstate “Honor Ring” award for 22 years.
- Chairman’s Conference Award winner – 16 times
- Inner Circle Award winner – 10 times
- 2000 One of two agency owners invited to appear on the cover of the corporate annual report for Allstate Insurance Company.
- 2000 Selected as a founding member of the Florida Region Agency Advisory Board
- 2003 Recipient of the “Ray Lynch Excellence in Community Service” award. (One of 11 Allstate agents to have ever been awarded this honor.)
- 2003 Selected as a founding member of the Allstate National Advisory Board, Served on Financial Services Committee until board term ended in 12/06.
- 2004 Served as the Allstate Insurance Company representative in the Olympic-Torch Relay in St. Louis, MO.